Its weird looking at things that have changed over the years. This is something I wrote almost seven years ago now in this journal. I'm doing it again with myself. The original list can be found here
1. Copy my whole list into your journal.
2. Bold the things that you have in common with me.
3. Whatever you don't bold, replace with things about you.
4. Say you took it from me.
5. Post.01. I hate small talk.
This has mellowed to a general distaste for shallow relationships in which all you do is small talk. I am not a fan of small talk, but it has its uses. 02. I hate it when peole fight over stupid things.
Probably as a result of my avoidance of conflict more then disliking the fighting. It is also somewhat true that I think real fighting over anything is a waste of time. Just have a conversation. 03. I am a collector of books.
No way this would have changed. 04. I also collect DVDs. Extended Editions are the best.
Why else buy the DVD when you can download it? I think this is more of a reflection of the changing times then a change in myself.05. I am a British Citizen.
Now I am also an American Citizen.
06. I love wind, and the way it makes your hair go everywhere and how it makes you feel like you could fly...
07. I am a mac person. I have the MacBook and the iPhone to prove it. However, both of them are older generations then the current ones. I am okay with this, as I prefer the old style of phone, and changing computers is super annoying.08. I hate people who TypE LyKe D1s.
Yeah, that wasn't going to change.
09. I love biology. Its why I'm majoring in it. Loving something makes it easier.
10. I have a specific type of journal that I write in for my general thoughts, writing and its probably where I am most honest, because no one is ever going to read it but me.11. I think crying is a sign of self pity. I hate it when I cry or other people cry.
This doesn't mean that I don't think its good. I actually no longer think that crying is a sign of self pity -- it depends on the situation -- but the part about hating it is true. Crying people make me uncomfortable. 12. I don't mind pop culture at all. In fact, I think it's fascinating.
And I kind of like it now.
13. The area that I have changed most dramatically in the past seven years is TV consumption. I went from not watching TV to watching ridiculous amounts.
14. I love stories, no matter what the medium. 15. I am anti-social.
People are still annoying and making plans sometimes seems like it is harder to do then sitting at home and doing nothing. But I do enjoy the presence of others most of the time.
16. My perception of relaity is governed by science.17. I don't like being wrong. Sometimes I am and then I feel stupid.
I am often wrong (which is the opposite of what I said seven years ago).18. I have a lot to learn.
19. I get three magazines that I read in order to feel like I'm getting something about the world: National Geographic, The New Yorker and Time.20. I talk to myself all the time.21. I hate the color orange.
I was a very dramatic person back then. Hate is a strong word. Dislike is better.22. I think green and red look REALLY BAD together.
23. I like to appear knowledgeable about my areas of interest, and have my opinions heard. 24. I am far to un-emotionally attached. I don't like having to be commited to one place and one time.
See, my plans for after school.25. I would prefer to be rich and famous to being happy and loved.
Though to be honest, this is changing. Its on the cusp though. 26. I like it when people try and break away from the norm. Even if they fail and fall into one of the sub categories...
for the most part.27. I love hearing new kinds of (good) music.28. I'm a shy person.
Its a result of several psychological blows to my self esteem.
29. My favorite cereal is Multigrain Cheerios.30. I want a dog and a cat.
A small dog and a cat that has been settled in before the dog comes along. Though currently I am debating the dog. They don't live as long. If you guys didn't know, which you wouldn't, and I am totally burying this: Tillie's got cancer and she is probably going to die in the next six months.31. I have a dog and two cats.
32. I want to help people.33. I procrastinate. A LOT.
Dude, look what I'm doing right now?
34. Novels are easier to write then short stories, but sometimes I worry that doing one over the other will result in me loosing some potential.
35. I worry that I will be one of those people who want to become authors, but get trapped in another job.
36. My favorite TV show is Doctor Who
.37. I love designing dresses, and I love wearing them.
Which is weird since I only have one sundress.
38. My favorite author is Neil Gaiman. 39. I spend too much time on the computer.
40. Chocolate is awesome. I like it because of the way it tastes and also because I know the mechanism by which it works on your brain to make you feel happy upon eating it.41. Gifts are cool. I just don't know how to say 'thank you' to any gift. No matter how thankful I may be.
I recently have begun telling people to not buy me a gift unless they think its absolutely perfect and right for me. 42. People who are distressed worry me.
Always will.43. I hate it when someone asks to many annoying questions.
45. I've only been in love once and it was not reciprocated (well it might have been, but as far as I know it wasn't). I want to be in love again. If only I didn't go to a school where a lot of gay guys come and didn't live on an all girls floor.
46. I am busy a lot of the time.47. Women can be just as sexist towards men as men are to women. That doesn't mean I can't hate them.
48. Even though I support feminism, I like it when men are courteous to women. I also like it when women are courteous to men.
49. I am an atheist, and it is a very important part of my self identity.50. I try really hard to understand people. I'm not saying I have succeeded.
But I have gotten better.51. I understand that there is always going to be pain in the world.
I want to alleviate it.52. I hate it when people bash on others religions.
I think now its more 'I am uncomfortable when people bash on others' religions', but I think in some cases it is okay.
53. I'm not afraid to die. 54. Alot of things ANNOY me very badly.
Gum chewing, people saying things in a mean fashion, the Jonas Brothers...
55. I am very judgmental.56. I don't like thinking I'm better then other people.
57. I sometimes do think I'm better then other people.
58. Sometimes I feel bad about my relationship with my brother.59. I like when my friends write me letters and emails, it makes me feel special.
60. I dislike the word 'love'. 61. I have trust issues.62. I have never handgilded. I will one day though. With my uncle.
63. I believe in environmental efforts. I'm bad at helping them.64. I've never done a cartwheel.
65. I have a dream blog
.66. I love to write. More then anything.
I am very glad this hasn't changed.
67. I wish people would talk more about themselves.
68. I like listening to people.69. I want to be an author and write a book that will make people think.70. I lack interest in obsessive things like spelling, grammer, and other nit picky things. The English language is going to the dump anyways, so why not just mess with it more?
71. I'm completely obsessed with Harry Potter.
72. I like things to look pretty.73. I listen to books on tape more then I read.
I find it easier to do during the school year when reading cuts into other activities, like homework.
74. I think drugs are fascinating. 75. I love how new books smell.
76. I don't read as much as I used to/wish I did.
77. I love to read, books have been my best friend since I was young.
78. I hate giving/receiving hugs. 79. I name electronic appliances.
Yes still. Miranda and Elijah are the most important things to be being my computer and phone.80. I cannot stand being affectionate.
Public displays of affection really get to me. 81. I worry that I don't know myself at all.
Less so then I think I did back then, but still, sometimes I feel like I have myself worked out, and sometimes I just think that I do, but know I probably don't.82. I don't want people to think I'm telling them what to do.
Which is why passive aggression works so well.
83. I have been verbally attached for my religious beliefs. 84. My favorite movie is "The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring."
Yes still.85. I am rather closed minded.
Its an unfortunate side effect of being human.86. I daydream a lot.87. I CANNOT draw guys.
Or girls. I'm working on it, but they all tend to end up looking the same with different hair. 88. I can't stand flowers because of my name.89. I believe everyone is entitled to their opions. Its not my fault if they are misguided.90. I want to smack everyone who believes that racism, sexism, and discrimination based on religion are no longer issues in America. 91. I wish that wars wouldn't happen.
I think removing religion from the equation would help, as would making everyone much more empathetic. 92. I don't like good stories to end.
This is why I prefer series.
93. Sometimes I wish I had grown up somewhere other then the US.94. I have never managed to listen to the radio for long.
I have found a station in DC that I like tough.95. Conversly to 88. I love water because of my last name.
96. I no longer feel that I need to lie all the time.97. I mistrust everyone. No matter how many times they prove themselves.
98. I don't trust my self.
99. I can keep secrets very well.100. I believe that there is only one life that you get to live and then you're gone. There is no god, no nothing. it's a one shot deal.